Official State Legislative Site
Republican Members of the Senate
Bruce Cairns Stands for:
Cutting Taxes and Creating Jobs
- Protect Colorado Citizen's Tax Restraints.
- Oppose any new taxes or tax increases.
- Cut Colorado's regressive state vehicle registration taxes, one of the highest in the nation.
- Named "Taxpayers Guardian" by the Colorado Union
- Senator Cairns introduced a bill to remove the tax burden on all businesses,
helping to decrease cost of products and create more jobs.
- Opposed efforts to create loopholes in TABOR (Tax pAyers' Bill Of Rights),
which would allow local governments to raise taxes.
Making a Difference for Colorado Families
- Protect the sanctity of marriage
- Senator Cairns sponsored a bill requiring parental notification before young
girls can seek abortions.
Making Our Children's Schools Better and Safer
Expanding and Modernizing Transportation
- Senator Cairns introduced a bill allowing parents to send their
children to a school of their choice.
- Restore discipline, local control,
and parental empowerment
- Increase accountability and student achievement
- Enact performance-based pay.
- Expand charter schools.
- Better, more efficient funding.
- 35 years business experience in the transportation field.
- Build and repair roads within the current budget.
- Eliminate traffic congestion in the southeast metro region.
- Bruce will work hard to keep our communities safe. He supports stiffer penalties for violent criminals - and requirements that criminals serve their full sentences.